Simply put, Vienna has the best coffeehouses and cafe culture in the world. A visit to the city is not complete without visiting a few cafes and pairing a 'Wiener Melange', the Viennese take on a cappuccino, with an Austrian dessert of your choice. Cafe Traveler's local correspondents have spent years frequenting the scene and have consumed more espresso, Apfelstrudel, and Wiener Schnitzel than one might think possible. The result of these intrepid efforts is this app detailing the very best cafes in Vienna.
Useful Translations and Explanations
- Included Viennese Coffeehouse Reference has English explanations of traditional Austrian coffees.
Detailed Cafe Information
- Overviews describing ambience and typical crowd.
- Opening Hours, Wifi, and Power Outlet availability.
- Food and Drink suggestions.
- Price info, including when to go to get the best deals.
- Smoothly integrated maps.
High Quality Photography
- Retina optimized images.
- Photos taken on black and white Kodak TMAX 400 film w/ a classic Leica M3.
- Go off the standard route and learn about local neighborhood spots.
- Many cafes from beyond Vienna's touristic Innere Stadt (First District).
- All information is included in the app download.
- Perfect for international travel where you may not have wireless data access.